The J.E.B. Stuart HS PTSA is so excited about our Teacher/Staff Grant Program! We have budgeted $3,000 for the 2017-18 school year to award grants of up to $300 each to teachers and staff. Our grants are intended to enrich student, faculty, and staff learning – generally, by funding materials, programs, tools, transportation, etc. that cannot be funded from the school budget. We will award grants twice this school year:
• Funding Period 1: Within the first quarter of the school year
• Funding Period 2: Early in the third quarter of the school year
We are now accepting applications for awards distributed during Funding Period 1. Deadline: October 15, 2017. See files below for details of the program, process, and application. Two criteria must be met in order to apply for a grant: (1) requestors must be members of the PTSA; and (2) all applications require principal approval. To join the PTSA, please go to the “MEMBERSHIP” tab at the top of he page. Send your completed applications with principal approval to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous years’ grants include funding for:
• printing of Cadence Art & Literary Magazine
• Science Olympiad State Competition expenses
• equipment to videotape assessments for IBMYP and IB Art final exam
• field trips and college visits for ESOL Biology students, 9th grade Hispanic students, and AVID students
• classroom equipment and materials for experiments, collaborative workstations, and instrument storage
REMINDER: The deadline for submitting an application for Funding Period 1 is October 15, 2017.